Characteristics of a Muslim Husband
No one ever thinks about the characteristics of a Muslim husband. It is always what a wife should do for the husband…and the list never ends; home management, tutoring, ferrying the kids, caring, cooking, cleaning, washing, working, you name it, she is doing it. so what about the brothers?
Our beloved Prophet SAW was not like this. So, why the men of this
Ummah? It is quite interesting. So I thought I’d share it with you!!!
What a Muslim husband should be like…
1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good.. Click here to join nidokidos When was the last
time you went shopping for designer pyjamas? Just like the husband wants
his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up
for her too. Remember that the Prophet (PBUH) would always start with
Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
2. Use the best names for your wife.Click here to join nidokidos Call your wife by the most beloved
names to her, and avoid using names that hurt their feelings.
3. Don’t treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily
lives until it ‘bugs’ us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day – which
brings no attention from the husband – until she does something to ‘bug’
him.. Don’t treat her like this; recognize all the good that she does
and focus on that.
4. If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! Click here to join nidokidos
This is one of the ways the Prophet (PBUH) used when he would see
something inappropriate from his wives (R.A). It’s a technique that few
Muslim men have mastered.
5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her Click here to join nidokidos and embrace her often..
Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah.
Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those
Ahadith when the Prophet (PBUH) would kiss his wife before leaving for
Salaah, even when he was fasting.
6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Click here to join nidokidos Then thank her again! Take
for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home,
and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only
acknowledgment she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the
soup. Don’t let that be; thank her!
7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made
her happy. Click here to join nidokidos Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what
gives your wife pleasure. You don’t have to play a guessing game, ask
her and work on repeating those times in your life.
8. Don’t belittle her desires. Click here to join nidokidos Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look
down upon the requests of their wives. The Prophet (PBUH) set the
example for us in an incident when Safiyyah (R.A) was crying because, as
she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted
her, and brought her the camel.
9. Be humorous and play games with your wife. Look at how the Prophet
(PBUH) would race with his wife Aisha (R.A) in the desert. When was the
last time we did something like that?
10. Always remember the words of Allah’s Messenger (PBUH): ‘The best of
you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best
amongst you to my family.’ Try to be the best!
In conclusion: Never forget to make Dua to Allah – ta’ala to make your
marriage successful. And Allah ta’ala knows best!!